Hendon Rectory of the late C18th/ early C19th was on the east side of Parson Street. In the 1830s Revd. Theodore Williams created a model garden here on the 1.5 acre site, which was much cited in contemporary literature such as John Claudius Loudon's 'The Suburban Garden and Villa Companion' of 1838. The OS map of 1896 shows extensive gardens to the south and east of the house and a pond to the south. The present gardens are reduced to the east side only, with a small area of lawn with beds, shrubs, a magnolia tree and other mature species.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
J. C. Loudon, The Suburban Gardener and Villa Companion, 1838, pp481-495; Stewart Gillies and Pamela Taylor, 'Hendon, Child's Hill, Golder's Green and Mill Hill', 1993; Desmond; Bridget Cherry & Nikolaus Pevsner, The Buildings of England: London 4: North (Penguin, 1998) p164