|Holy Trinity Churchyard||Barnet|
Holy Trinity Church was designed in 1845/6 by Anthony Salvin who lived in East Finchley and was the Vicar's Warden. At that time the area was still little more than a village, but it developed rapidly after the railway was extended to Edgware and High Barnet between 1867 and 1872. In the 1860s the church was enlarged. The churchyard contains a number of mature trees and some interesting tombs.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/08/2000
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Holy Trinity Churchyard, August 2000. Photo: S Williams
Click photo to enlarge.
Holy Trinity Church is constructed of ragstone with freestone dressings and has a bell-cote and spirelet at the west end. In the 1860s the church was enlarged, with north and south aisles added, each having a separate pitched roof. The churchyard contains some interesting monuments, with tombstones set in the grass. A tarmac path runs through the churchyard and there are a number of mature trees including a variety of evergreen trees, conifers and a holly hedge onto Church Lane.
Bridget Cherry & Nikolaus Pevsner, The Buildings of England: London 4: North (Penguin, 1998).