Victoria Homes are 6 single-storey almshouses dating from 1897. They face onto a strip of garden, which has mature trees including pollarded limes, cherry, almond and robinia, and a tall bay; it is laid out with mown grass, perennial flowers, privet hedging and paths.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/06/2015
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Victoria Homes are 6 single-storey almshouses in yellow brick with red brick trim and terracotta ornament, with central and end pavilions linked by wings. The houses have slate roofs with decorated ridge tiles and terracotta crests. The garden has mature trees including 3 pollarded limes (1 dead), a cherry, almond and robinia, and a tall bay; it is laid out with mown grass, perennial flowers, privet hedging and straight paths, with 2 crazy-paved concrete paths. It is bounded by a 7ft red-brick wall to the west and part of the north, with a low wall to the road on the east that shows remains of iron railing, also found to the north. There are two terracotta triangles showing the date 1897 and a Portland stone plaque that has the following inscription 'This stone was laid by Sir Robert Hargreaves Rogers of Marl House, Bexley, Sheriff of the City of London Thursday 26th August 1897. Committee W V Hudson Chairman S. Cannon Treasurer L Bougnes, E Ford, J Lake, W.E. Lucas, J. Piggott, Rev J.A. Wicksteed, vicar T B Green Hon. Sec'.
Survey of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Bexleyheath Civic Society); Bexleyheath Local Studies Records; LPGT Volunteer Research, August 2005