|Roe Green Village||Brent|
Roe Green Village was built in 1918-20 by the Government's Office of Works on the site of Roe Green House, with assistance from prisoners of war. It was designed by Sir Frank Baines, OPW chief architect, as a garden village to house aircraft and munitions workers in the factories in Kingsbury. Within the garden village is a communal pocket park.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/06/2009
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.brent.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
James Buchanon, well known for his whisky, had built Roe Green Farm in 1894 and had private polo fields here. During WWI there were aircraft and munitions factories established in Kingsbury, and a small aerodrome off Stag Lane. In 1921 the de Havilland company bought the Stag Lane Aerodrome. The former park and farmland of Roe Green Farm was later laid out as Roe Green Park (q.v.).
Len Snow 'Brent, Wembley, Willesden and Kingsbury' (Phillimore, 1990)