Blake Recreation Ground opened to the public in August 1932, and is now called Blake Park. The land was probably once part of the Monks Orchard estate now divided from High Broom Wood by Oak Lodge Primary School. The park is a rectangular open space of mown grass with a perimeter tarmac path and is almost completely surrounded by houses, which are largely screened from the site by shrubs and hedges. A children’s playground is situated to the south-east and a sports field to the north. There are a few semi-mature chestnuts, oaks and ornamental pines.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/12/2006
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.bromley.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
West Wickham is listed in the Domesday Book and has a long history. In Tudor times, Wickham Court Manor was expanded by the Boleyn family and the area was popular for deer hunting. Although the railway had arrived in 1882, West Wickham remained a small village into the C20th, only transforming into a suburb in the inter-war years. Friends of Blake Park has been set up to assist maintenance of the park.