|Chelsfield Recreation Ground||Bromley|
Chelsfield Recreation Ground is a small grassed area with playground within the village of Chelsfield dating from at least the C19th. The 1st edition OS map of 1871 shows the area as open space. In the 1838 tithe map this is part of a meadow called Gibbs Lane, owned and occupied by the Rector, the Revd Dr John Edward Tarleton, whose rectory was Chelsfield House. To the south, across Bucks Cross Road, is a larger open space adjacent to the village hall, with two sports pavilions and a large area used by the cricket club and for the village fair. This site almost corresponds to Little East Field on the 1838 Tithe Map, which again was in the ownership and occupation of the Rector. It lies immediately to the west of Great East Field (also the Rector's), which is now largely occupied by the village allotments. Both these fields are shown in arable use in 1838.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/12/2006
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.bromley.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Pending further research
Information on http://www.chelsfieldhistory.org.uk/