|St Giles-in-the-Fields Almshouses||Camden|
St Giles Almshouses were founded in 1665, and built on this site in 1790. They were rebuilt in 1885 by Edward Henry Burnell in Jacobean style of yellow stock brick with red brick bands, strings and stone dressings, fishscale tile roofs with gables. The almshouses are in two ranges forming two sides of a quadrangle with a secluded courtyard garden containing a single tree. The attached boundary walls have stone coping surmounted by cast-iron railings. At the south end of the quadrangle is a York Stone tablet, dated 1790, recording former almshouses on the site as well as a tablet dated 1885 recording the rebuilding of the almshouses.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/03/2003
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.