|London Wall - Moorgate||City of London|
An area of landscaping was laid out at the road junction of London Wall and Moorgate when the first section of the new traffic route through the City was opened in 1959 by the Duchess of Kent following post-war rebuilding. Bounded by low brick walls, the landscaping consisted of shrub planting, an oak tree and a small area of lawn. A sculpture, 'The Gardener', 1972 by Karin Jonzen, commissioned by the Corporation of London was sited here. The area was re-landscaped as part of realignment of the roads and the site now consists of an oval area of grass with a series of gentle undulations. The oak tree remains but the sculpture has been moved to Brewers' Hall Garden.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/04/2006
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/openspaces
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Plaque formerly on site referring to the opening of the road scheme in 1959