Albion Road was built in 1829 to link Church Street and Newington Green. By 1928 the small triangular piece of land at the junction of Albion Road and Clissold Crescent had been acquired for £60 by Stoke Newington Borough Council who maintained it as public open space. In 1953 it was re-landscaped as a garden to celebrate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, and is now known as Albion Parade.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/06/2010
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.hackney.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Albion Parade was laid out as a garden at the same time as the Church Street Gardens (q.v.) to the north. Both small gardens are preserved under the London Squares Act 1931. It provides a small area of landscaping with grass, rose beds and a few trees, surrounded by low grey stone walls, with a paved path running across the garden.
'Clissold Park', Abney Park Cemetery Trust, 1997