|Barons Court Garden Triangle||Hammersmith & Fulham|
Barons Court Garden Triangle is a private garden enclosure for the residents of the surrounding houses that overlook it. The development of 34 houses was built in 1928, designed in the spirit of the Garden City movement. The houses were built in two or three tight phases with two elevational house types.This small housing development represents that short moment before mansion blocks such as the adjacent Gunter Estate’s Barons Keep (q.v.) became the preferred type of housing provision. Most of this area was agricultural into the mid C19th until the owner Sir William Palliser began to develop his land. He may have come up with the name Barons Court as a means of attracting potential house buyers.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/02/2015
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.baronscourtgarden.co.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Barons Court Garden Triangle. Photograph courtesy of Andrew Pilkington
Click photo to enlarge.
Information on Barons Court Garden Triangle website: www.baronscourtgarden.co.uk