|Friends Meeting House Garden||Hammersmith & Fulham|
The Friends Meeting House was built in 1954-5, a yellow brick building designed by Hubert Lidbetter. It replaced the C18th Friends Meeting House that had been destroyed by a flying bomb in WWII, the burial ground of which is the walled garden in Furnival Gardens. Separated from the Great West Road by a high brick wall, the Meeting House has an area of trees and shrubs in front of the building and a paved area with perennial planting. Behind the building is an area of grass and shrubs. In Cromwell Lane, running north from the back of the Meeting House are mature trees and numerous daffodils have been planted in the raised bed along the middle of the road, and a strip of undeveloped land at the top of the road that has been grassed over and railed off.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/07/2011
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.hammersmithmeeting.com
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Status of this site to be confirmed. It is in an area identified by LBHF for redevelopment; a replacement site has been offered at 30-32 Bradmore Park Road.
H W Cundy, 'Hammersmith Quakers’ Tercentenary' (1977) Hammersmith Preparative Meeting