Northwood Cemetery opened in 1915 as a consequence of the growth of population in the Northwood area. The land was once part of the former Ruislip Common, by then in municipal ownership. It is a neat municipal cemetery with shrub beds and ornamental grasses either side of the entrance, which is through gates with brick piers. There are numerous conifers throughout with various avenues of ornamental and evergreen trees. At the entrance is a small rustic pavilion. The land slopes uphill with a belt of trees at the cemetery boundary.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2005
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.hillingdon.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
The suburban development of Northwood Hills accelerated from 1933 when another station opened. Haste Hill Golf Course nearby was laid out in 1927-29 and the cemetery abuts a recreation ground.