|Old Park Wood||Hillingdon|
Old Park Wood is ancient woodland with records dating back to the Domesday Book. It was once within the boundaries of Harefield Park, an old estate whose early-mid C18th house later became the site of Harefield Hospital. The entrance on Hill End Road has remnants of the former gates and driveway, now ending in fields. The wood contains a large area of ancient woodland with mature oaks, birch and other species, and has good displays of bluebells in spring.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2005
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.hertswildlifetrust.org.uk/NatureReserves/Local/oldparkwood
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
In 1680 it is marked as Harvill Park. It is partly in LB Hillingdon and partly outside Greater London, and is managed by Hertfordshire and Middlesex Wildlife Trust as a Nature Reserve and SSSI. A public footpath runs from Summerhouse Lane to Hill End Road and there is access from Harefield Hospital and Belfry Avenue.
Teresa Farino, Meg Game 'Nature Conservation in Hillingdon' Ecology Handbook 7, London Ecology Unit, 1988