The Pynchester Moat site has remains of the dried up moat of a medieval farmhouse in a bend of the River Pinn, which fed the moat, now in woodland surrounded with railings. A dig by Uxbridge Archaeological Group in 1966-9 revealed the foundations of the medieval farmhouse here. The Harefield Enclosure Map of 1813 shows the site as part of Farley's Mead belonging to the Brackenbury Estate from 1602-1792 and later it was awarded to Uxbridge in compensation for loss of grazing rights.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2005
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.hillingdon.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
A Pynchester Ferme is referred to in a deed of 1531 as part of property owned by Swakeleys Estate (q.v.) though it is not known if that is the moated site here.
Site history board