|Uxbridge Golf Course||Hillingdon|
In 1934 127.86 acres of former parkland of Harefield Place Estate was purchased by Middlesex County Council; the house was later refurbished as offices in 1983-5. The grounds were partly developed for housing and partly laid out as Uxbridge Golf Course, which opened in the 1940s. The landscape has one or two big standard oak trees remaining, now much altered by typical linear golf course planting of birch and other trees.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/03/2012
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.hillingdon.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
This is former parkland of Harefield Place (q.v.), which was built in 1786 as Harefield Lodge by Henry Couchman for Sir Roger Newdigate of Harefield, to replace the old manor house near Harefield Church of St Mary (q.v.). There are remains of a walled garden, stables and the thatched North Lodge on Harvil Road.
Bridget Cherry and Nikolaus Pevsner, 'The Buildings of England London 3: North West' (Penguin, 1999 edition)