|Chiswick New Cemetery||Hounslow|
Chiswick New Cemetery was laid out on former water meadows and is between the busy Great Chertsey Road and the railway line. The cemetery was opened in 1933; a further 6 acres were added to the west in 1989 on land formerly used for allotments. The rather imposing brick and Portland stone chapel was built in 1930s 'Great West Road style' (Meller) at a cost of £5,000; it is unconsecrated to enable interdenominational services. The entrance on the corner of Staveley Road and Great Chertsey Road has ornamental gates and a small brick shelter. There are a large number of Russians and Poles buried here, a community that has lived in this area for many years.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2005
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.hounslow.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Hugh Meller & Brian Parsons, 'London Cemeteries, An Illustrated Guide and Gazetteer', 4th edition (The History Press, 2008)