Chiswick Square is a paved square overlooked by houses of 1680 on two sides, which form a forecourt to Boston House, which was probably built for Henry d'Auverquerque, Viscount Boston, Earl of Grantham. There is a legend that it was haunted by the ghost of Lady Boston, murdered by her husband .The house was refronted in c.1740, and it became a boarding school in the C19th. It was divided into 4 dwellings in the 1980s when new houses were built in its grounds. The square is a simple paved area, the fourth side now a busy main road. Facing No. 7 Chiswick Square was the site of Chiswick Polish Company, Cherry Blossom Boot Polish, which was rebuilt as Flemming House in 1983-5.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2005
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Bridget Cherry and Nikolaus Pevsner, 'The Buildings of England London 3: North West' (Penguin, 1999 edition); Ben Weinreb & Christopher Hibbert, 'The London Encyclopaedia' (Macmillan, revised ed. 1993)