This small green in front of Church Farm and opposite St John the Baptist's church was donated by John Edward Clarke for the benefit of the people of Pinner in July 1924 as a public open space in perpetuity.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/04/2002
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.harrow.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
This is a small green in front of Church Farm and opposite St John the Baptist's church (q.v.) at the junction of Paine's Lane and High Street, separated from the main road by low white painted posts and chains, white bollards to the (private) roadway in front of the houses. A plaque set into a block of stone records that it was donated by John Edward Clarke for the benefit of the people of Pinner in July 1924 as a public open space in perpetuity. Church Farm, one of Pinner's oldest buildings, has remnants from the C16th, C17th and C18th building such as interior wooden panelling. It was a working farm until 1906 although by then the farmland belonging to it was at a distance, along Rayners Lane.
Joanne Verden 'Ten Walks Around Pinner', (The Pinner Association) 1999 ed.