Harrow Cemetery was founded by Harrow Burial Board in 1887 and consecrated in 1888. The cemetery has a small one-storey red-brick chapel but the entrance lodge, described as in 'Norman Shaw style', was demolished in 1985. At the entrance are wooden gates and piers, leading to a straight axial drive with lawns on either side. Cemetery planting includes a couple of araucaria, flowering cherries, holly and yew, and four London planes along the road boundary and the southern part has formal flower beds with some exotic shrubs.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/12/2011
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.harrow.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Although family plots are still in use it is no longer used for burials, having been superseded by Harrow Weald Cemetery and Pinner New Cemetery (q.q.v.).
Hugh Meller & Brian Parsons, 'London Cemeteries, An Illustrated Guide and Gazetteer', 4th edition (The History Press, 2008); Teresa Farino, Charlotte Pagendam, Sue Swales & Mathew Frith, 'Nature Conservation in Harrow', Ecology Handbook 13 (London Ecology Unit) 1989