In 1805 the land here was a large meadow, part of which later became brick fields. Annett's Crescent was built in 1822-26 by William Burnell Hué for Thomas James Annett who had acquired the land from Thomas Scott. Apart form Charlton Crescent this is the only early crescent in the area. The three central houses were first to be built. At each end the three end houses have unusual motifs on their balconies. The garden in front was originally planted with trees around the periphery and in 1928 was described as having a low wall with iron railings, with grass and trees, much as at present. The Crescent was rehabilitated by Islington Council in the 1970s.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/04/2004
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.islington.gov.uk/parks
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Mary Cosh, The Squares of Islington Part II: Islington Parish, London, 1993; Bridget Cherry & Nikolaus Pevsner, The Buildings of England: London 4: North (Penguin, 1998); Royal Commission on London Squares, 1928