|Cadogan Square Small||Kensington & Chelsea|
Cadogan Square Small is an intimate, well-kept communal garden accessible to residents of the terrace of houses, with small lawn and shrubbery, with an entrance from the street via a short flight of stone steps with balustrade and planted urn.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/06/2001
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
This area was once within the Manor of Chelsea, whose owners included Westminster Abbey and Henry VIII. The manor was purchased by Hans Sloane in 1712, and when he died his estate was divided between his daughters. Elizabeth, who was married to Charles Cadogan, had the eastern part, and this became the Cadogans' London estate. In 1771/4 discussions took place between Lord Cadogan and the architect Henry Holland, son-in-law of 'Capability' Brown, who wished to lease c.90 acres between Knightsbridge and the south of Sloane Square for his 'Hans Town' development.