|Iverna Court Garden||Kensington & Chelsea|
Iverna Court Garden was first developed and laid out in 1894 prior to which the land here was used for gardens. Iverna Court, an Edwardian mansion block, was built in 1901 and overlooks the small central garden. Seven mature plane trees have long surrounded the garden, and a layout of 1973 had a formal ornamental garden enclosed by low walls. In 2004 the garden was completely re-landscaped and now has railings, a water feature, paved seating area, a long oak pergola with scented climbers over a wide path suitable for playing boules, and a raised central lawn. Adjacent is the Armenian church of St Sarkis built by Calouste Sarkis Gulbenkian in 1922, which has a paved garden with a few trees including a large plane.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/10/2007
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Iverna Court Garden was laid out in 1894 prior to which the land was gardens. The imposing red-brick Edwardian mansion block, Iverna Court, was built in 1901 and surrounds the small garden that was planted by the Garden Committee; a previous layout of 1973 consisted of border of low walls within which was a formal ornamental garden with a central circular raised bed and four raised beds, seating within niches, and two entrance gates. Seven mature plane trees have long surrounded the garden. In 2004 the garden was completed re-landscaped with new railings erected the previous year; it now has a water feature, paved seating area, long oak pergola with scented climbers over a wide path suitable for playing boules, raised central lawn; automatic watering systems and garden lighting were also included as part of the new design.
Adjacent is the Armenian church of St Sarkis, which was built by Calouste Sarkis Gulbenkian in 1922 'to the everlasting and pious memory of his beloved parents Mahtesi Sarkis and Dirouhi Gulbenkian'. The church is surrounded by a paved garden with a few trees including a large plane tree.
RBKC Edwardes Square, Scarsdale and Abingdon Conservation Area Policy Statement