|Kensington Green||Kensington & Chelsea|
Kensington Green is a new complex built in 1989-91 by architects Norman and Dawbarn, designed in neo-Victorian Italianate style with terraces, a medical centre and two nursing homes set within landscaping. It is built on the site of St Mary Abbots Hospital, which developed around the workhouse of 1848. Some of the gardens that were part of the workhouse survive, as well as old buildings such as Stone Hall and the gate piers on Marloes Road. Stone Hall was the male wing of the workhouse and designed by Thomas Allom.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/10/2007
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Bridget Cherry and Nikolaus Pevsner, 'The Buildings of England London 3: North West' (Penguin, 1999 ed)