Beverley Park was laid out in c.1890 on part of the land that used to be Hoppinghood Farm, demolished in 1911, part of whose land is also now Malden Golf Course. The park has a pavilion and tennis courts, open grass, some mature trees and an extensive rose garden in the south west corner. The Beverley Brook flows along its eastern boundary and on the other side of the stream are school playing fields and sports grounds. An avenue of trees runs east-west across the centre of the park and there are various specimen trees including catalpa, gingko, oak, copper beech as well as conifers and a number of raised beds at the entrances.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/04/2012
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.kingston.gov.uk/browse/environment/parks/recreation_sites
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
The pavilion is currently leased and shared between sports clubs and the Learning Land Play Nursery.
M Bellus, 'Kingston Then and Now', London, 1977