|The Hollyfield School||Kingston|
Allbury House dates from 1856, a grand house with an entrance porch with 4 Ionic columns. The OS Map of 1895-98 shows a lodge on the main road and a curving drive leading to the house. In 1926, no longer in use as a private house, it became Surbiton County School. It is now part of The Hollyfield School, which was established in 1937, since 2011 an Academy Trust. Fine mature trees including cedar and evergreen oak remain within the sweeping lawns in front of the house, with gardens behind.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/04/2012
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.hollyfield.kingston.sch.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Pending further research
Tim Everson 'Kingston, Surbiton and Malden', (Phillimore, 2000 ed); brief reference in B Cherry and N Pevsner, The Buildings of England, London 2: South, 1983