Miramonte was designed by architect Maxwell Fry in 'international modern' style, the house built in reinforced concrete faced with white plaster with a blue metal trim. Nikolaus Pevsner described it as 'a play of open and closed elements, of different geometric shapes and of judiciously contrasted window forms'. Adjacent to the road is a separate garage with flat above, a covered way leading to the L-shaped house. House and garden are linked by a projecting sun room with a covered balcony at the west end of the south front and curving walls. A tubular steel fence with wire mesh infill surrounds the garden in front of the garage.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/03/2004
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Pending further research
B Cherry and N Pevsner, The Buildings of England, London 2: South, 1983; p319; DCMS Listed Building Schedule; Architectural Review, November 1937, p187ff.