|St Andrew's Churchyard||Lewisham|
St Andrew’s Church was built in 1904 by P A Robson as the area to the east of Catford was rapidly developing from the mid-C19th. Hither Green was largely developed through Archibald Cameron Corbett, a Scotsman, who purchased farmland in the area from the Earl of St Germans and he built over 3,000 houses between 1897-1913. Many of the street names derive from Scottish place names, including that of Torridon Road. Hither Green Library opposite the church opened in 1907, as amenities in the new estate were added. The churchyard is now maintained under a local agreement by LB Lewisham Parks Department.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/03/2003
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.lewisham.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.