The land for Hounslow Cemetery was conveyed to Hounslow Burial Board in 1868 and the first portion was consecrated in February 1869. It was enlarged in the C20th when an additional area was consecrated in June 1921. Two further areas in the south-east portion of the ground were consecrated in May 1928 by the Lord Bishop of London, and an additional 5 acres consecrated in 1929. The two small cemetery chapels, divided by a porte-cochère, are in the oldest part of the cemetery. Between the graves is mown grass, with some trees including conifers generally found on the perimeter of the cemetery.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/09/2011
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.hounslow.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Due to borough boundary changes the cemetery is now located in the borough of Richmond. Among those buried here are people connected with Fairground attractions. The cemetery is still open for burials.