|Holly Grove Shrubbery||Southwark|
Holly Grove Shrubbery is a Victorian shrubbery with a serpentine boundary with a footpath winding through it, of some 250 yards in length. The shrubbery adjoins the nearby listed houses in Holly Grove built between 1816 and 1822, fronted by cast iron railings. The land between South Grove and the rear of houses in Elm Grove was purchased by Camberwell Borough Council in 1896 for £966, which represented paving charges from which the owners were released, and the land was laid out as a shrubbery with the pathway along its length and opened to the public in 1897. It was extended In 1902 when further land was purchased for £350.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/04/2002
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.southwark.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
MPGA, Joyce Bellamy; Report of the Royal Commission for London Squares, 1928; Southwark Listed Buildings data; 'The London County Council and what it does for London: London Parks and Open Spaces' (Hodder & Stoughton, 1924)