|Chase Lane Park||Waltham Forest|
An inter-war development protected by National Playing Fields Association covenant, Chase Lane Park consists of a fenced area of open grass between residential streets with a perimeter path and an enclosed playground. Until relatively recently the park was called Chingford Hall Park, named for the ancient manor house that had existed to the east of Hall Lane. The moated site was still visible in the 1930s, although most of its rural estate was built over between the wars. By 1936 Chingford Hall Playing Fields existed as public open space but by the 1960s the site was renamed Chingford Hall Park and had a model boating pool, playground, pavilion, drinking fountain and toilet. It now provides various play facilities for children and people with disabilities and is home to The Angela Searle Playscheme for children with disabilities.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2003
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.walthamforest.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Revd. Canon J L Fisher, 'A History of Chingford' an extract from the Victoria County History of Essex (originally published by Oxford University Press, 1966, reprinted by LB Waltham Forest, 1992)