|Harrow Green||Waltham Forest|
Harrow Green was established as a separate ecclesiastical district in 1879. Formerly forest land, this small triangle between road junctions was given to Leyton Board to be maintained as an ornamental enclosure. The War Memorial was erected after WWI, now commemorating the dead of both world wars, located in the centre of a formal 1930s style layout comprising a circular paved seating area with four radial pathways to the surrounding streets. Stone piers are at each entrance, those on the main entrance from High Street surmounted by small glass flame shades. Four planted areas have grass and lozenge-shaped beds, with small trees around the perimeter including winter flowering cherry. Nearby is the 1930s Harrow Green Library on Cathall Road.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2003
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.walthamforest.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.