|No. 39, Woodside Park Avenue||Waltham Forest|
Now sited in a suburban front garden is a small pond surviving from the former C18th landscape gardens around The Clock House, a large house built in c.1735 for a Dutch merchant, Sir Jacob Jacobson. Coe's survey map of 1822 shows a tree-lined approach avenue following the present outline of Woodside Park Avenue and a small pond to the east, close to the site of a larger canal, which may also partially survive on common land adjoining Whipps Cross Roundabout. The Clock House, so called because it originally had a large clock in front of the stables, was largely rebuilt in the early C19th. It had various owners over the years, and was at one time used by the Salvation Army. A listed building, it still stands on Wood Street and has now converted into flats.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2003
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
LB Waltham Forest leaflets