|All Saints Churchyard||Wandsworth|
All Saints was built when the area was being developed by the London County Council. The LCC had acquired Totterdown Fields for a housing estate in 1900 and the Totterdown Fields Estate was laid out on a grid system with 2-storey terraces, designed by E Stone Collins of the LCC Architects Department. By 1911 it comprised 1,229 houses and 4 shops with the church at the centre. All Saints was built in 1904-6 by Temple Moore through the beneficence of Lady Charles Brudenell-Bruce in memory of her husband; Brudenell Road recalls the family. The church is set back from the road within a hedged garden, largely grassed, and with a war memorial surrounded by planting, and a shrub bed adjacent to north-east of the church.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/05/2005
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.wandsworth.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Bridget Cherry & Nikolaus Pevsner, 'The Buildings of England: London 2: South' (Penguin) 1999