|Garratt Lane Old Burial Ground||Wandsworth|
Garratt Lane Old Burial Ground was in use as a burial ground from 1800 when the parish purchased a field to provide additional burial space when All Saints churchyard was full. The last burial took place here in c.1930 although Wandsworth Cemetery was established in 1878 and St Ann's Church was built in 1820 to serve the growing population. The burial ground was opened as a public garden with the original east-west path in the cemetery realigned to the south. In 2000 a semi-circular paved area backed by shrub planting was created off Garratt Lane with benches and sculptural light fixtures. A number of chest tombs and gravestones are set into the lawns.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/05/2010
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.wandsworth.gov.uk/homepage/41/parks_and_open_spaces
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Garratt Lane Old Burial Ground Management Plan 2010 - 2015