|Manor Fields Estate||Wandsworth|
The Manor Fields Estate is a private housing estate of 230 dwellings built in the 1930s in Arts and Crafts Tudor style, set in c.4.5 hectares of landscaped grounds that contain a miniature wood, pond, formal and informal areas. It is on the site of a large house originally built by Percival Lewis on Putney Hill in c.1740. In 1793 the house was described as 'a large square house of grey stock bricks'. It was rebuilt in 1828 for the Dowager Countess of Guildford by Sir Robert Smirke and known as North House. It was demolished in 1933 and Manor Fields Estate built on the grounds. The 14 houses of the new estate are all named after Oxford and Cambridge colleges. When former squash courts were built over, a new block was named after North House. The estate is owned by The Manor Fields Estate Limited, set up by residents in 1985 when they purchased the freehold of the estate.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/05/2005
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. http://manorfields.co.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Pending further research
History on The Manor Fields Estate website; Wandsworth Conservation and Design Group, 'Putney Heath Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Strategy' (2009)