|Cundy Street Flats Gardens||Westminster|
On both sides of Cundy Street are blocks of flats in well-tended landscape settings. To the north is a development by T P Bennett of 1952 and to the south a series of 1930s blocks with curved balconies with curved brick and stone retaining walls at the entrances. Both estates have lawns with shrubberies at the margins. Nikolaus Pevsner described Cundy Street Flats as 'four generously spaced blocks. . . These funny creatures have the upright profiles and coloured cylindrical columns of the fifties, with the long rounded balconies of the thirties used to create a kind of vertical crenellation, and sashes of early Georgian pattern'.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2007
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.grosvenor.com
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Harold Clunn, the Face of London (c1950) p.388; Simon Bradley and Nikolaus Pevsner, 'The Buildings of England London 6: Westminster' (Yale University Press, 2003), p.751