|Grosvenor Estate Garden||Westminster|
The Grosvenor Estate's garden is in the area bounded by Rogers House and Tothill House. It is part of Sir Edwin Lutyens' famous 'chequerboard' Page Street Estate built from 1929-35 in conjunction with the WCC to replace housing due for clearance after the Thames flooded in 1928. Many of the Houses are listed, and together with a number of small related buildings such as lodges and dustbin shelters, provide the setting for the garden. It appears to have been laid out in the 1970s after part of the two largest blocks were demolished, and is roughly square, comprising a series of brick planters stepping down to a secluded central area that is provided with seating and a children's playground.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2007
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.westminster.gov.uk
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Simon Bradley and Nikolaus Pevsner, 'The Buildings of England London 6: Westminster', (Yale University Press, 2003)