|Holy Trinity Churchyard||Westminster|
Holy Trinity Church was built in 1824-28 to the designs of Sir John Soane, one of his three churches for the Church Commissioners, and the most expensive at £24,798. A stone building with a slate roof, the distinctive classical front to the south faces onto Marylebone Road. The chancel was remodelled in 1878 by G Somers Clarke. The church became redundant in 1956 and was used as offices for Society for the Promotion of Christian Knowledge until 2005, its conversion carried out by Handisyde and Taylor. It has now been converted into an event space, One Marylebone, which opened in 2007. The surrounding churchyard, which was once railed, has a number of mature trees and has been re-landscaped as a garden.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/09/2011
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news. www.onemarylebone.com
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Gerald Cobb 'The Old Churches of London', Batsford, 1942; Bridget Cherry and Nikolaus Pevsner, 'The Buildings of England London 3: North West', (Penguin, 1999 ed); Dorothy Stroud 'The Architecture of Sir John Soane', 1961