Regency Place at the junction of Horseferry Road and Regency Street was formed in the early C19th on what was the north-east corner of Tothill Field, now entirely rebuilt. The site is a dense but effective shrubbery below advertising hoardings to the south-west beside the Coroner's Court by CRW Wheeler of 1893. On the corner opposite is the RC Church of the Sacred Heart, a 1930s building, with a large front garden enclosed by a chain-link fence. The garden is enthusiastically tended and contains a lawn, shrubs and a chequer-board of cement slabs with masses of daffodils growing up through the interstices. In the centre of the junction is a curiosity, an iron hexagonal urinal with a pitched roof, very like a Parisian `pissoir', much resorted to by taxi drivers.
The information shown above was correct at the time of the last update 01/11/2007
Please check with the site owner or manager for latest news.
The information below is taken from the relevant Local Authority's planning legislation, which was correct at the time of research but may have been amended in the interim. Please check with the Local Authority for latest planning information.
Pending further research